Accelerate your research with EndNote – Focus on your ideas
EndNote is the best reference management software
If you have EndNote 20 (or earlier), upgrade to EndNote 21 today.
If you’re buying EndNote for the first time, this option is for you.
Need a Volume License?
If you are purchasing for a group, whether a small lab or an entire institution, we can offer you special pricing. Please contact our EndNote sales specialists to get an overview of our license options.
Or Talk to a Sales Specialist at
9-5pm eastern, Monday to Friday
Power your research with the best reference management software
Protect your references
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your personal reference manager keeps your data safe with data restoration functions that protect your work.
Work from anywhere
Move seamlessly between desktop, iOS, and an exclusive new state of the art version of EndNote Web.
Insert in-text citations while simultaneously creating a bibliography with the Cite While You Write™ feature in Microsoft ® Word and Google Docs™
EndNote’s citation management software helps you find PDFs throughout your search process. Then, easily read, review, annotate and search PDFs in your library.
Organize personal references
Use the new Tags feature to help organize your research so you can quickly find the exact references you need.
Easily collaborate across geographic boundaries. Share some or all of your library with up to 1,000 people and set permissions for access.
Frequently asked questions
- EndNote 21 is a Desktop and cloud-based solution in one – including a new exclusive EndNote Web interface
- EndNote improves your writing workflow with integrated document creation tools
- EndNote protects your work with data restoration functions
- EndNote Tags feature organizes your research so you can quickly find the exact references you need
- EndNote’s retraction tools flag retracted articles in your personal library and when using Cite While You Write
- Save time accessing full-text PDFs with the free EndNote Click browser plugin.
Yes, our dedicated EndNote support team helps you get the most out of EndNote. We offer free EndNote support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are available by phone, email or web chat.
For any issues with your EndNote order – including billing, shipping, and lost serial numbers, call Account Support: +1-855-258-5858, (press 3).
For EndNote technical issues, call Product Support: (GMT -5) +1-855-258-5858, (press 2).
We are able to accept EndNote orders in over 50 global payment methods, including: all major credit cards, PayPal, wire transfer, and more.
It’s easy! Please click here to login to EndNote Web.
A single EndNote license is for one person, who can install on up to three machines. However, if you need access for more than one person, we suggest buying a separate license for each.
*For student pricing, you’ll need official, current proof of enrollment in one of the following:
- Accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.
- Accredited higher education institution that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of 2 years of full-time study.
- Homeschool, as defined by state homeschooling regulations.
We’re confident that you’ll love EndNote, but if you find yourself needing to return it for any reason within 30 days of your purchase – we’re here to help!
Please reach out to the customer support contact listed at the bottom of your order confirmation email.
Only copies of EndNote that have been purchased directly from Clarivate, either through the EndNote Online Store or via a Clarivate Sales Representative can be returned to Clarivate. Refunds will only be issued within 30 days of your date of purchase.